What are Purolator E-Ship® Web Services?
Purolator E-Ship Web Services are easy-to-use and free of charge web components that enable you to integrate real-time shipping, tracking, estimates, pickups and returns* directly into your website or custom application.
Courier Web Services
- Service availability: Validate origin and destination addresses and receive all available Purolator services, products, options and associated rules.
- Estimates: Receive quick estimates using list prices or detailed estimates for customers with negotiated pricing.
- Shipping: Create domestic, U.S. and international shipments using our extensive suite of products.
- Returns management: Generate return labels and shipping documents.
- Get documents: Retrieve shipment labels and documentation for shipments.
- Tracking: Get detailed tracking information in real-time using a Purolator PIN / tracking number or shipment reference.
- Pickups: Schedule, modify, validate and void pickup requests. View your pickup history and upcoming pickups.
Freight Web Services
- Estimates: Receive quick estimates for your domestic less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments.
- Shipping: Create less-than-truckload (LTL) freight shipments for your domestic Expedited shipping needs.
- Tracking: Get detailed tracking information in real-time using a Purolator freight PIN/tracking number or shipment reference.
- Pickups: Schedule less-than-truckload (LTL) domestic shipment pickup requests.
Our web services are written in Extended Markup Language (XML) and work seamlessly with a wide range of applications. You’ll also have the flexibility of customizing the appearance and positioning of shipping information on your website to meet your workflow and user interface requirements.
Detailed technical documentation and sample code for each Web Service is available to developers and application owners or representatives in the Documentation and Sample Code section.
* Not applicable for freight
Common uses for Purolator E-Ship Web Services include:
Online stores and e-commerce websites
- Provide accurate shipping estimates and shipment visibility within your online store.
- Choose from a variety of domestic, U.S. and international time-definite delivery services.
- Create shipments up to 10 days in advance or automatically create shipping labels and documents when orders are received.
- Integrate Purolator E-Ship Web Services into your commercial application for 3rd party use or re-sale.
- Integrate Purolator E-Ship Web Services within your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) framework to create shipping labels without having to re-enter information.
- Integrate estimates and tracking into your company’s Intranet to provide your Customer Service and Sales Representatives immediate access to Purolator shipment tracking and rates.
- Integrate return label creation into your company’s Intranet so Customer Service Representatives and retail locations can generate return labels for product returns and repairs quickly and easily.
- Seamlessly integrate shipping, tracking, estimates and returns into your internal, custom-built applications.
Web applications and widgets
- Develop web, desktop and mobile applications and widgets for estimates and tracking.
- Increase efficiency by integrating shipping into your internal applications and across your supply chain.
- Provide a consistent and positive customer experience by offering shipping estimates, pickups and tracking capabilities on your company’s website.
- Increase revenue by ensuring your shipping rates include a built-in margin over your shipping costs.
- Reduce costs by automating shipment creation and product returns.
- Reduce call centre volume by providing estimates and shipment visibility online.
- Provide customers with more shipping options by offering Purolator’s extensive suite of products and special delivery services.
- Take control of the customer experience from order placement to final delivery.
Purolator makes it easy for you to integrate Web Services into your website or custom application. You don’t need to be a shipping expert – shipping rules and restrictions have already been defined within each Web Service. The Purolator E-Ship Resource Centre provides a variety of resources to support your Web Services development including:
- Comprehensive documentation
- Real-world code samples
- Example use cases with sample results
- The Purolator E-Ship Developer Forum
- Technical support by phone and email
Purolator provides a wide range of distribution solutions you can count on to meet your unique business needs.
As Canada’s leading integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider, we have built one of Canada’s most extensive transportation and logistics networks and supporting infrastructure. The advantages of this size and scale benefit our customers, with more facilities in more regional centres than any other freight and parcel solutions provider in Canada. Nationally, provincially and regionally, our customers can count on best-in-class service and support from Purolator, wherever they are.
Purolator also provides a range of packaging solutions that can be ordered online at Purolator.com
or picked up at most Purolator Shipping Centres
Purolator E-Ship Web Services are written in XML, ensuring maximum compatibility with the server side scripting languages used today. Our Web Services are designed to comply with the following specifications:
Our Web Services work with any current SOAP/XML development environments. Development platforms vary in their SOAP/XML implementations. Please refer to your platform’s documentation for more information.